*PLEASE NOTE* As a mom with three kiddos under the age of 3, I have my hands full! Although I am continuing to teach, I am not currently offering herbal consultations. It’s important to me, as a practitioner, to be able to return follow up calls and to fulfill formula refills in a timely fashion and I’m just not able to do that at the moment, so I am taking a (continued) break from clinical practice. I expect to begin seeing clients again sometime in the (hopefully near) future. My apologies and thanks for your patience and understanding. Please email me if you would like to receive notification when I begin to see clients again. ~Jillian
An herbal health consultation is a forum for us to explore, together, your health history and your current health picture. We will start with what feels most pertinent to you, whether that be a physical ailment or something of a more emotional or spiritual nature. We will focus only on what you are ready and open for. This will usually involve discussing your lifestyle, diet, self-image, major life events that may have effected your well-being, patterns of illness, family health history, things you have tried so far, and what you would like your health to look like (your goals).
In a health consultation, I am essentially doing the following:
- Listening deeply to your health story: to the way in which you view your health, to your emotional, physical and energetic health history and to patterns of balance or imbalance.
- Listening to the plants: paying attention to which plants step forward to work with you, whether to be of help in aiding your physical body, to help shift energetic patterns that are holding you back, or to soothe and nurture past traumas that need to be resolved in order to move forward.
- Checking in with your energetic anatomy (your chakras): paying attention to where you might have blockages, where you hold tension, unresolved trauma or imbalance, and how that might correlate with the story I am hearing in your personal history.
All of these aspects, together, help me to gain a picture of who you are, where you are, what transformation or healing you are wanting to move towards, what you are ready for, and how the plants, or other support, might be able to assist you in moving there. As this picture develops, I will let you know what I am hearing, seeing and feeling about your health patterns and what might be supportive to you in shifting them.
Towards the end of your consultation, I will make recommendations. Recommendations may include anything from a mantra, affirmation or practice to take into your daily life, other lifestyle changes including diet, more time for relaxation or exercise, a tincture or compounded herbal formula for physical/emotional support, or flower essences and low dose tinctures for spiritual support. I may also recommend that you seek the support of another health care practitioner or that you check in with your Primary Care Physician regarding support you may need from them. My goal is to help you create the change you want to see in your health in a way that feels empowering, attainable and inspiring to you. If possible, I will supply the suggested tinctures or flower essences from my apothecary. Otherwise, I will recommend sources whom I know and trust. Remedies are priced separately.
I offer these quick, 20 minute sessions to be beneficial when an established client might have an immediate, non-emergency, health complaint for which they would like to seek alternative treatment. These sessions are usually conducted by phone and are appropriate for things which have already been treated medically but could benefit from the addition of herbal support:
- Recovery from stings, bruises and wounds
- Colds and flus
- Broken bones, sprained joints
- Ear infections
- Stomach bugs
- Urinary tract infections, yeast infections
All fees are payable by cash, check or credit card.
If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please notify me at least 24 hours in advance by phone. There is a $30 fee for cancellations or no-shows without proper notice.